Sandra Willard style art was the theme of this second grade art class. Before we began the class, we watched a PowerPoint presentation showing some of Sandra’s art. Her simple, bright colored pictures showing peaceful, serene landscapes seem to beg to be imitated. After watching the PowerPoint, I assigned individual pictures for each child to imitate. When they were finished with their drawing, they used colored tissue paper, water and a brush to paint their picture.
- PowerPoint of Sandra Willard, artist
- Watercolor paper
- Pencil and eraser
- Black Sharpie
- Colored tissue paper
- Paint brush and water container
- Paper Towels
- Watch the PowerPoint presentation and discuss the art of Sandra Willard.
- Choose a picture of Sandra’s art to imitate.
- With a pencil, draw your picture on the watercolor paper. Erase any unwanted or unneeded lines.
- Outline all the pencil lines with the black Sharpie.
- Lay pieces of colored tissue paper on specific areas of the picture and wet the tissue with the brush dipped in water. To make sure the brush isn’t too wet; touch it on a paper towel before applying it to the picture.
2nd Grade Projects Gallery: