Spring and Easter are near at hand, and I think it’s a great time to have a conversation with the students about appreciating all the gifts God has bestowed on us. One of my favorite Bible quotes is, “This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalms 118:24
In this project, I’ve included two sheets of Bible quotes that you can print and cut out, or you may have other Bible quotes that you would rather have your class use, read and discuss.
God wants us to be happy and has given us a guide, words in the Bible, which will help us to be happy. When we heed his words, our journey toward heaven becomes easier.
• White construction paper
• Brown construction paper
• Tree (Pattern)
• Bible Quotes (Page 1)
• Bible Quotes (Page 2)
• Colored chalk
• Glue stick
• Colored tissue paper
• White glue
• Scraps of colored paper or greeting cards
• Colored markers
• Decorative edged scissors
1. Print the tree pattern onto the brown construction paper. The flower and butterfly images are to be used as patterns to trace and cut out of colored paper or greeting cards.
2. Using colored chalks (combinations of yellow, blue, pink, lavender, orange), apply chalk on the top ¾ of the white paper, for the sky. (use the chalk on its side) On the bottom ¼ use browns and greens to signify the ground or grass. Using the Kleenex, wipe in a side to side motion over the sky area and then over the ground area.
3. Carefully cut the tree from the brown paper. Cut out the butterflies and the flower images to use as patterns, later.
4. Glue the tree to the background paper.
5. Choose a tissue paper color for your tree. Let the kids choose whatever color they want. The variety of tree colors will make a nice display.
Easter Projects Gallery: