This sparkly turkey is a bright and fun project for the 2nd grade class. It’s a good opportunity for them to practice cutting—we stress that they cut directly on the outside of the black lines. And of course using white glue and glitter is also fun. Different color combinations of paper and glitter make these an interesting display in the classroom or hall.
- Tan, red, orange and yellow construction paper
- Turkey body (Pattern)
- Turkey feathers (Pattern)
- Turkey legs and beak (Pattern)
- Turkey wings and wattle (Pattern)
- Google eyes
- Glue stick and white glue
- Red or gold glitter
- Choose a background color paper for your project.
- Cut out all the turkey pieces. Glue the legs to the back of the body.
- Glue the beak to the wattle, and then the wattle to the head.
- Glue on the google eyes and the wings.
- Glue the middle feather to the top center of the background paper.
- Glue two feathers on each side of the middle feather.
- Glue the turkey body over the feathers, making sure the feet are still on the background paper.
- Outline the feathers, body, wings, etc. with white glue. Sprinkle on red or gold glitter.
Other colors of glitter can be used—-