We started this class with a quick lesson on drawing angels. A good site for a simple angel drawing lesson can be found at: http://www.hellokids.com.
- Scrap paper
- Pencil and eraser
- Black construction paper
- White chalk
- Colored chalk
- Silver glitter glue
- Following the angel drawing tutorial, practice drawing angels on the scrap piece of paper. Show how to draw a front view of an angel by drawing the wings off the sides of the triangle shape and drawing a full view face.
- With white chalk, draw two or more angels on the black paper. Remember perspective—the further away something is, the smaller and higher on the page, the nearer something is the larger and closer to the bottom of the page. Stress the necessity of keeping their hands above the drawing so the chalk doesn’t become smudged.
- With colored chalk, color in the angel gowns. Draw some stars and add dots for distant stars.
- Using the side of a piece of white chalk and with a circular motion, draw clouds under the angels.
- Spray very lightly with hairspray to set the chalk. Too much spray will make the paper wet and curl.
- With silver glitter glue, outline the halos and stars. Dot some of the distant stars with the glitter glue also. Let dry.