Our egg shaped bunny is attached to a large hanging egg—the Bunny Egg-spress. Both sides of our hanging bunny are finished—one one side is a boy bunny and on the other side a little girl bunny. If only one side of the bunny is finished, a group of them would make a cute bulletin board, “On our way to Easter on the Bunny Egg-spress.” The boys could make the bunnies with the cap, and the girls the ones with a bow.
- White construction paper
- Large egg (Pattern)
- Bunny (Pattern)
- Colors or colored pencils
- Glue stick
- Paper punch
- Google eyes
- Print out one large egg and two of the bunny pattern for a hanging project. Use one large egg and only one of the bunny pattern for a bulletin board or card.
- Draw designs on the large egg, on both sides, for the hanging project and only one side for a bulletin board or card. Color the egg.
- Color the bottom of the feet, inside the ears and the heart nose. Color the cap or the bow.
- Carefully cut out the large egg and the bunny parts. Glue the bunny body to the large egg, about an inch from the bottom. Glue the ears behind the egg; glue the feet to the bunny; glue the heart nose and the google eyes to the bunny. Add the cap or the bow below the ears.
- For the hanging bunny, punch a hole at the top of the large egg. Tie on the piece of yarn and hang.
- For a card, glue the finished bunny on a colored piece of construction paper and write around the picture. One suggestion for the writing—“I’m egg-cited–Happy Easter.”