The painted turtle is just one of nature’s beautiful reptiles. The construction paper body of our turtle is sandwiched between two CDs that form the shells. Our little hanging turtle has assorted sequins attached with glitter glue on one side; and is decorated with colored paper bits on the opposite side.
- Construction paper
- Turtle body (Pattern)
- CDs (two per turtle)
- Colored paper scraps
- Glue stick
- Assorted sequins
- Glitter glue
- Paper punch
- Yarn or cord
- Print out the turtle body on construction paper or cardstock.
- Cut out turtle body. Using the glue stick, glue the body to the label side of one CD. Apply glue to the second side of the body and glue the second CD to it, matching the two CDs.
- Glue two black sequins to each side of the turtle head for the eyes.
- Punch a hole in the turtle tail. Tie a length of yarn or ribbon to use for hanging.
- On one CD, cut shapes from colored scraps and glue to the CD with the glue stick.
- On the second (opposite side) CD, use glitter glue and assorted sequins to decorate. Let dry flat, so the sequins don’t move on the glue while drying.