If you need a cute favor for a Thanksgiving party, this is both attractive and useful. We use a baby food jar and decorate it to look like a little turkey. Then we filled it with candy corn. slightly different look would be achieved by using nuts, mints or M & M’s. A small pennant on the end of a toothpick could announce a name or say “Happy Thanksgiving,” or “Give Thanks.”
- Baby food jar
- Construction paper, orange, yellow brown, green, and red
- 1″x2″ strip of paper
- Turkey feathers (Pattern)
- Turkey base and feet (Pattern)
- Turkey beak (Pattern)
- Turkey wattle (Pattern)
- Google eyes, 3/8″
- White glue
- Glue dots
- Black Sharpie (Optional)
- Gold glitter glue (Optional)
- Wash and thoroughly dry the baby food jar.
- Carefully cut the feathers, feet, beak and wattle pieces.
- Glue the base/feet to the bottom of the jar. Glue the wattle and beak on the jar above the feet. Using glue dots, glue the eyes above the beak.
- Glue the feathers on the 1″ x 2″ strip of paper. Start with the outside feathers and glue them on the strip with the ends meeting at the center. Working up towards the center overlap and glue the feathers in a fan shape.
- Apply glue to the center of the fan shape and attach to the jar.
- Optional: With the black Sharpie, draw stitch lines around the feathers. Run gold glitter glue over the stitches.
Thanksgiving Projects Gallery: