A wire coat hanger, a brown grocery bag and puzzle pieces are the basic supplies in this Thanksgiving project.
- Wire coat hanger
- Brown grocery bag
- Puzzle pieces
- Pilgrim and sign (Pattern)
- Colored pencils or crayons
- Glue stick or hot glue
- Shape the wire coat hanger into a circle.
- Cut or tear strips of brown grocery sack into two inch widths. Poke one end of a strip over the hook and then start winding the strip around the hanger wire, overlapping preceding wrap. Tape when starting a new strip. It takes three strips to go around the wire circle one time. Wrap the wire circle again as you did the first wrapping. Tape closed when finished wrapping the second time.
- Bend the hook down into a loop for hanging.
- With either a glue stick or a glue gun (this works best), glue one row of puzzle pieces around the covered circle. Glue the second row of puzzle pieces over the first row covering some of the gaps left by the first round.
- Color and cut out the pilgrims and the sign.
- Glue the pilgrims, one on each side of the wreath. Glue the sign across the top of the wreath.
Thanksgiving Projects Gallery: