If you need a quick little turkey for a name card or table decoration, this is an easy and cute little extra.
- Leaves (Pattern)
- Colored markers or crayons
- Glue, glue stick or glue dots
- Black Sharpie
1. Color the sassafras leaf for the head and wings. Color and cut out all the leaves.
2. Draw eyes and a beak, with black marker, on the middle shape of the sassafras leaf. Draw a wattle with a red marker. Pleat the sassafras leaf, so the two sides look like wings and the middle looks like the head. Glue and tuck between the bottom pines in the pinecone.
3. Pleat the wider leaves and tuck them into the top back pines of the cone. The narrower leaves do not need to be pleated, just glued and placed.