There’s nothing too scary about these scarecrows, but they were fun to do.
- Watercolor paper
- Pencil and eraser
- Watercolor pencils
- Water pans
- Black Sharpie
- Lightly draw a scarecrow on your paper. Start with a circle for the head, then draw a straight line directly under the circle. Draw hanging arms down from the ends of the line. Add a coat, mittens, straw or hands out the sleeves. Draw trousers below the coat.
- Draw a hat on the head and add hair or straw under it.
- Draw a horizon line to divide the sky and ground. Add a tree, pumpkin, sun or anything pertaining to fall.
- Using the watercolor pencils, color your picture.
- Outline with the black Sharpie
- Dip the brush into the water, blot off excess and dab the water over the colors. Be sure to wash the brush before changing colors.
Thanksgiving Projects Gallery: