What better way of showing thanks than with praying hands.Â This simple mobile is made up of praying hands and a prayer card.Â Click on the pictures to get close up views.Â I use this as a fourth grade project.Â
- White construction paper
- Praying hands (Pattern 1) (Pattern 2)
- Prayer cards (Pattern)
- Colored pencils
- Two popsicle sticks or tongue depressors
- Hot glue
- Yarn (Six 18â€ pieces)
- Glue stick
- Black Sharpie
- Print a sheet of pattern 1 and pattern 2.
- Â Cross and center the two popsicle sticks and glue with hot glue.Â Tie a piece of yarn to the center of the mobile. It will go up for hanging.
- Lightly color the prayer cards of your choice, tape a piece of yarn to the top back of one copy, glue the second copy and adhere to the taped copy.
- Tie the prayer card to the center of the mobile.Â Itâ€™ll hang down.
- Color the hands and sleeves.Â Notice that the sleeves on one page are the same as one on the second page.Â These hands will be glued back to back, so color the sleeves the same color.
- Cut out the hands that match, one from each sheet.Â Tape a piece of yarn to the back of one hand.Â Apply glue to the other and glue the two back to back.Â Tie to one of the stick ends on the mobile.
- Repeat with all the hands, tying them to the stick ends at different levels.
Thanksgiving Projects Gallery: