We can always find puzzle pieces for our art projects.Â Â You know how sooner or later a piece or two of our favorite puzzle turns up missing. Â We hate to throw the whole puzzle away, but the trouble is, itâ€™s hard to find projects to use them in. So, hereâ€™s one cute way to use Â them.Â Iâ€™ve included a body pattern with this project, but in order to get some differing expressions, the eyes, beak and wattle are made by the individual from colored scraps of red and yellow paper.
- Orange , brown, tan, purple or olive green for the background
- Scraps of red and yellow construction paper
- Turkey body (Pattern)
- Puzzle pieces
- Yarn (Fall colors) about 24â€ long
- Glue Stick
- Black Sharpie
- Gold glitter glue or white glue and gold glitter
- Arrange the puzzle pieces in five fan shaped rows with the center five pieces touching.Â The number of pieces in each row will be determined by the size of the puzzle pieces.Â Glue the pieces down.
- Cut out the turkey body.
- With the black Sharpie draw in the eyes.Â Draw and cut out a beak and a wattle.Â Glue on the face of the turkey.
- Fold the yarn in half and tie a knot on the loop end.Â Tie more knots up the length of the yarn—about one to two inches apart.Â Glue a puzzle piece on over the looped end.
- Tape the other end of the yarn to the bottom of the center puzzle pieces.
- Glue the turkey body over the yarn and center puzzle pieces.
- Glue a puzzle piece to the turkey body.
- With the black Sharpie, write â€œHappy Fallâ€ at the bottom of the page.
- With the gold glitter glue, trace a line of glitter over each of the puzzle pieces and make little vein lines off the line.Â Between the puzzle pieces row, run a line of glitter glue between the rows of puzzle pieces from the turkey body to the ends of the rows.Â Make feather veins off the line of glitter.
- Run a line of glitter glue over the â€œhappy fallâ€ words.
Thanksgiving Projects Gallery: