The colored tissue paper gives this project almost a stained glass look. I used two colors of blue and two colors of green for the sample, but other combinations of tissue could be used. Then the background color would be changed to accent the colors chosen.
- White construction paper (cut 5″ x 11″)
- Lavender or purple construction paper 9″x12″
- Colored tissue paper
- Paper towel
- Cardstock (to make pattern)
- Cross (Pattern)
- White glue
- Paint brush
- Black Sharpie
- Glue dots
- Make a cross pattern from the cardstock. Slightly thin the white glue with water.
- Lay the white construction paper on the paper towel.
- Cut pieces of colored tissue paper in approximately 2″ squares. I used two colors of blue for the sky and two colors of green for the earth.
- Stroke some glue mixture on the paper and then lay down a square of tissue paper, and brush over the tissue. Continue gluing and laying down tissue until the paper is covered. Let air dry or press dry by using the iron. Cover the picture with the paper towel and press, turn the picture over and press the back side.
- Using the cross pattern, trace and cut black and purple tissue crosses. Stack the tissue paper to make multiply crosses at a time.
- Glue the black and then the purple tissue cross on the prepared background.
- Glue the picture to a 9″x12″ sheet of lavender or purple construction paper with glue dots.
- Write God So Loved the World… around the picture with the black Sharpie.
Easter Projects Gallery:
Love this! Just pinned it! Thanks so much.