These cute little butterfly magnets are made with clip clothespins, construction paper, old greeting cards and incidentals. Kids can make them, but I’ve found that it works best to glue the wings on with a glue gun. Therefore this is a 5th Grade project. The rest is simple.
- Clip clothes pin
- White craft paint and brush
- Assorted colors of construction paper
- Old greeting cards
- Pipe cleaners, cut to 4″ length
- Butterfly (Pattern)
- Glue stick
- Glue gun
- Black Sharpie
- White glue
- Magnet tape (2″ strip)
- Paint the clip clothes pin if desired.
- Cut out the butterfly wings and fold at the dotted lines. Cut out the two heart shaped patterns.
- Using the patterns and the black marker, outline and cut heart shapes out of colored paper or old greeting cards. (wallpaper, scrapbook prints, wrapping paper, etc.)
- Glue heart shapes on the butterfly wings.
- Hot glue the wings onto the clip clothes pins with the bottom of the wings directly above the wire.
- Fold the 4″ piece of pipe cleaner in half, and glue to the top of the butterfly -the end furthest away from the wire. Shape the antennae.
- With the black sharpie draw in eyes and mouth. Google eyes could also be used.
- Glue the 2″ strip of magnet to the back of the butterfly.
- With white glue, make dots, squiggles, dashes, or outline the wings and body. Sprinkle with glitter.
Easter Projects Gallery: