I think this would be a nice Holy Week project, getting ready for Easter Sunday. Although this diorama is made only with paper, it could be changed, depending on how much time you have, by making the tomb and stones of clay. Also, a few copies of the hills could be made, to make a middle group and a front group of hills. For the middle group, cut and use the hills on the left side.Â For the closest hill, cut and use only the first hill.Â Maybe keep the hills separated by using self adhesive foam strips between them.
- Shoe box
- Craft or poster paint
- Hills with crosses (Pattern)
- Opened tomb and risen Christ (Pattern)
- Construction paper
- Colored pencils
- Glue stick
Paint the inside of the shoe box. Paint the two short sides and one long side, blue. Paint one long side brown or tan.
- The outside of the box can be covered with paper or painted. The outside may need two coats of paint. Let dry.
- Print out the patterns and color with colored pencils. I colored the sky with a light shading of blue, pink and orange. The hills are colored purple, tan and brown. Give depth to the hills by shading the outside edges of the hills a darker color.
- Color the risen Christ by using a very light lavender or blue on the gown, blue for the sky, gold or yellow for the gown trim and the halo. Use flesh tone for the face and hands. (If you have time, the trim and halo could be covered with white glue and gold glitter.) The tomb is colored brown, tan and grey.
- Fit the background into the back of the diorama, making sure that the crosses are near the top side. Trim and glue in place.
- Cut the tomb and fold at the dotted line. Apply glue to the folded strip and adhere to the right side of the diorama, making sure the bottom of the picture is even with the bottom of the diorama.
- Cut along the outside lines of the Christ picture, fold at the dotted line, apply glue and adhere to the top, front of the diorama.
Easter Projects Gallery:
Thank you for the heads up that one of the patterns was missing. I have it fixed now.
Good morning, i found your distruction of Resurrection Diorama, the picture of hills with crosses is not there. Can you send me the picture ?