See a classroom of turkeys when the 1stÂ grade finish this craft project.
- Brown construction paper cut 2″ x 18″ (oneÂ per headband)
- Orange construction paper cut in 1â€ x 9â€ pieces (two per headband)
White copies of the turkey head and feet (Pattern)
Assorted colors of handprints (5 per headband) (Pattern)
- Â Color and cut out the turkey head
- Â Accordion pleat the orange strips for the turkey legs.
- Â Color and cut out the turkey feet.Â Glue the back of the feet to one end of each orange strip.
- Teachers:Â While the students are coloring, size the large brown strips to fit the students head, and staple the ends.
- Glue the turkey head to the center front of the headband.
- Â Glue or staple legs/feet to the inside front of the headband, the legs dangle down on the sides of the childâ€™s face.
- Glue or staple the handprints to the back of the headband (feathers)Â
If time permits, draw around each childâ€™s hand, (five times on five different colors of paper), to give the project a more personal touch.
Thanksgiving Projects Gallery: