With all the colors of tissue paper, a lot of different looks can be achieved with this project.Â The tissue is torn and glued to the background that has been prepared by using colored chalk.
- White construction paper
- Colored chalk
- Brown, orange and red construction paper
- Turkey body (Pattern)
- Turkey feet and beak (Pattern)
- Turkey wattle (Pattern)
- Â Two 1/2″ google eyes
- Â White glue
- Assorted colors of tissue paper
- Glue dots
- Prepare the background by swiping across the paper with the colored chalk.Â Use more than one color and blend by wiping with a Kleenex.Â Give a light spray of hairspray over the chalk to set it.
- Draw a circle in the bottom half of the background paper.Â Make a dot in the center.
- Tear a variety of colors of tissue paper into strips.Â Starting at the center of the drawn circle, squeeze some glue in the circle, spead it with the brush, layÂ a tissue strip on top and smooth the stripÂ down with the brush.Â Continue around the circle, spreading glue, laying a strip of tissue and smoothing.Â The strips should resemble turkey feathers somewhat.Â Set aside to dry.
- While the tissue is drying, cut out the turkey body, feet, beak, and wattle.
- Glue the google eyes, beak, feetÂ and wattle to the narrower end of the turkey body.
- Glue the turkey to the tissue feathers.Â Let dry thoroughtly.
Thanksgiving Projects Gallery: