Simple beauty. That describes this simple work of art. White paper folded and cut in the shape of trees, a star and subtle lines of iridescent glitter on a background of black. Unbelievably outstanding.
- Black background paper
- White paper for trees (5 pieces cut 3″ x 9″)and star (1 piece cut at 5″ x 5″)
- Pencil and eraser
- Glue stick
- White glue
- Iridescent glitter
- Fold the 3″ x 9″ pieces of white paper in half the long way. Very lightly draw one side of a fir tree with a trunk, on each of the papers, varying the sizes. Cut on the pencil lines.
- Free hand draw a star on the 5″ x 5″ piece of paper. Cut out the star.
- With the glue stick, spread glue on the edges of the trees and glue to the black background. Leave the fold raised a bit from the background. Place and glue all the trees.
- Fold all the tips up on the star. Glue only the center of the star and glue to the background. The tips should be raised slightly from the background.
- With white glue, dot a few stars in the sky above the trees. Outline the trees and make needle lines inside the trees with the white glue. Outline and fill in the star with the white glue. Sprinkle iridescent glitter over all the glued areas. Shake off excess and let dry.
- Optional: This picture looks very nice with a white border.
Christmas Projects Gallery: