The kids love to do any and all Christmas themed arts and crafts.Â Â They are all excited about the coming of Christmas and with thoughts about what Santa will bring them.Â And as excited as they are about Santa coming, they are also very interested and excited about stories of the birth of the baby Jesus so long ago.Â This little Baby Jesus ornament is easy to make using cardstock and a glitter chenille strip.Â The faces on the ornaments are blank so the kids can draw in Baby Jesusâ€™ face.Â You might want to give each student two copies of the ornament so they can make one Jesus, sleeping and another one of Jesus awake.Â
- White cardstock
- Copy of Baby Jesus Ornament (pattern)
- Crayons, colored markers or Â colored pencils
- Glitter chenille strip
- Gold glitter glue or white glue and gold glitter
- Tiny holed punch or a darning needle
- Glue dots
- Print out copies of the Baby Jesus Ornament on white cardstock.
- Use crayons, colored markers or colored pencils to color the ornament.Â Draw facial features on the babyâ€™s face.
- Carefully cut out the baby in the manger and the star.
- Punch holes in the ornament where specified with a black dot.Â I used a darning needle to get a small hole.Â Â Thread about an inch and a half of one end of the chenille strip, from the back to the front of the ornament.Â Bent and twist closed.Â Do the same with the other end of the chenille strip.
- Use a glue dot to glue the star to the chenille strip.
- Optional:Â Outline the star and the babyâ€™s halo with gold glitter glue.Â Â Let dry.
Christmas Projects Gallery: