Do you still have extra wire coat hangers laying around? Make a snowman! This is easy enough to make a whole classroom full of snowmen. Different colors of scarves and chenille strips will give lots of variety.
- Wire coat hanger
- White cardstock or construction paper
- Black construction paper
- Body (2 pieces white paper cut 1 1/2″x 12″)
- Head (Pattern)
- Hat and boots (Pattern)
- Christmas wrapping paper
- Two 4 ¼” squares of cardboard
- Orange marker
- 5 chenille strips
- 8 buttons
- Glue gun
- Bend the wire coat hanger into an elongated pear shape. Bend the hook into a circle for hanging.
- Color the noses and cut out the snowman heads, body strips, hat and boots.
- Tape one head to the top part of the coat hanger, leaving the hook free above the head.
- Cut one chenille strip into four equal lengths. Twist two of the pieces onto one end of two other (arms) chenille strips. Twist the top of the chenille arms to the coat hanger and tape them to the back of the snowman head.
- Tape one end of one body strip to the back of the snowman head. Fold the other end of the strip around the wire at the bottom of the hanger and tape or glue.
- Tape the second body strip over the first, making sure to stay inside the head shape. Glue the second head over the taped head.Â Fold up the bottom end of the second body strip and glue to the first strip.
- Cut a 5″ x 9″ piece of Christmas wrapping paper, fold the paper to a 1 ½” strip, shape around the neck for a scarf. Cut two 5″ x 7″ pieces of the same paper and drape it over the scarf (one on each side) for the scarf tails.
Christmas Projects Gallery: