These aren’t difficult to make and would look really cute hanging on the Christmas tree. They would also be cute filler gifts because they aren’t expensive to make. I came up with three bunches of buddies: snowmen, angels and toy soldiers, but gingerbread folks and elves would be cute too.
- Burlap 5″ x 7″ piece per bag
- Four peg clothespins per bag
- Assorted colors of craft paints
- 14K gold metallic craft paint
- Tacky glue
- Embroidery thread
- Buttons, two per bag
- Holly leaves
- Paint the top halves of the clothespins. Refer to the picture for painting color ideas. Paint on facial features.
- Burlap bags: The cuff is made by folding down one inch along a 7″ side of the burlap piece. Glue with Tacky glue. Make a bag by folding the burlap to the back, overlapping about one Inch and gluing the overlap. Fold the bottom up one inch on the back side and Tacky glue.
- Stuff one sheet of Kleenex into the bottom of the bag. Tie a double strand of embroidery thread around the bag. Make tiny bows with the embroidery thread for the angels. Glue small feathers to the back of the angels for wings. Use four strands of embroidery thread to make the scarves for the snowmen.
- Use the gold paint for the angel halos and the toy soldiers’ head band and buttons.
- Place the four friends in each bag. Glue a holly leaf behind the snowmen and toy soldiers. Glue buttons to the ends of a piece of embroidery thread and glue the buttons on the sides of the bag cuff. Make sure the thread is long enough to go along side the heads and have room for hanging on a branch or knob.
Christmas Projects Gallery: