I saw this project on Artsonia a couple of years ago and thought it was beautiful.Â Â Made up itâ€™s even more beautiful.Â With the Cricut and the program, Â Sure Cuts A Lot (Lot 2), Â we made the templates for this project.Â We laminated 12â€ x 18â€ construction paper and cut out a centered 8 Â½ â€ x 11 Â½â€ oval. Â Keep both the solid center piece and the oval-cut-out outerÂ frame. Â Â Make one set of templates Â per student.
Sure Cuts A Lot 2, or the newest version 3, is not compatible with the newer Cricut machines. So if you want to use the Sure Cuts A Lot 1 or 2, or the version 3, which is the newest version, you will need a cutting machine which will use the SCAL software. Please check my home page for more info.
- 12â€ x 18â€ black construction paper
- White chalk
- Colored chalk
- White craft paint
- Old toothbrush
- Silver glitter spray
- Tape the large outer frame template to the 12â€ x 18â€ black construction paper.
- With the white chalk, draw a simple winter scene inside the oval cut-out. ( Four or five fir trees and snow banks.)
- Take off the large template and carefully lay the solid oval template over the picture.
- Using colored chalk, color over the solid oval—-then with your finger spread the chalk out to the edges of the black paper.
- Lightly spray with hairspray to set the chalk.
- Using thinned white paint and the toothbrush, spatter paint the picture to look like snow.
- Using the silver glitter spray, sweep across the picture with the spray.
- Write your name on the back of the black paper.
Christmas Projects Gallery: