This is a new project that the 4th grade didÂ this week.Â Christmas card pictures of Mary and Jesus were the guide to our oil pastel art.Â Students lightly drew an outline with pencil before starting with the oil pastels.
- Christmas card pictures of Mary and Jesus
- Black construction paper
- Pencil and eraser
- Oil pastels
- Everyone chooses a Christmas card picture of Mary and Jesus.
- Lightly draw Mary and Jesus on the black construction paper.Â Be sure to draw them large enough—this is a portrait picture, so it should fill up the page.
- Start by coloring in the faces and hands with peach colored oil pastels.Â Color in the clothes, halos, etc.Â Leave the facial features and shading for last.
- Outline wherever needed with black pastel or white pastel.
Christmas Projects Gallery: