WeÂ areÂ all aware of the Van Gogh painting â€œStarry Night.â€Â With this project we hope to imagine the starry night being a special one in Bethlehem the night Jesus was born.Â Therefore this project is called â€œStarry Night in Bethlehem.â€
- Picture of the Van Gogh painting, Starry NightÂ
- Black construction paperÂ
- Oil pastels
- Show a picture of Van Goghâ€™s Â â€œStarry Night.â€ Notice how the picture is made up of swirls, lines and dashes.
- Starting at the bottom of the black paper, and using brown and white oil pastels, make short dashes across the bottom Â¼ of the paper.Â Â Above the brown and white dashes, make brown and black strokes to cover about a third of the page.Â With yellow and blue oil pastels, add strokes to cover to the middle of the sheet.Â Above the yellow and blue add just blue strokes to the top of the paper.
- With the brown pastel, draw a stable at the bottom, middle of the picture.Â Add white oil pastel over the brown to blend.Â Draw a crib in the center of the stable with brown.Â Make a white dash above the crib for the baby blanket.Â With peach oil pastel, make a small circle above the blanket for Jesusâ€™ head.
- On the left side of the page, and using black oil pastel, make a tall Cypress tree image like in the Starry Night painting. Â Â Make yellow circles on your picture and add white dashes around them.Â Add white dashes in a swirl form around a couple of the circles.
- At the top center of the picture, draw a white dot about two inches from the top of the page.Â Make three lines through the circle, equal distances apart.Â Using a ruler, draw a white line from the bottom of the center line to each side of the stable roof.Â Â Fill between the two lines with white lines toward the stable.
- Outline the right side of the cypress tree with a white line.Â Make a bunch of white dots over the sky for stars.
Christmas Projects Gallery: