Teachers and students alike appreciate easy to make Christmas decorations for their classroom. For variety, one side of this hanging project shows a snowman and the other side is a gingerbread man—they both are stuffed in a mitten. I used crayons for this 1st grade project because crayons are easy for them to use and there are a huge variety of colors. Really makes a nice display for the classroom.
- White construction paper
- Snowman and gingerbread man heads (Pattern)
- Mitten (Pattern 1) (Pattern 2)
- 24″ wired star garland, silver
- 18″ white yarn
- Paper punch
- Glue stick
- Glitter glue or white glue and glitter
- Color the snowman and gingerbread man heads. Notice that at the top of the mitten you can see the hands, so if you color the gingerbread man tan, be sure to color one pair of hands tan also. Use bright colors for the mittens.
- Carefully cut out the heads and mittens. Glue the two heads together and punch a hole at the top of the heads for the yarn.
- On the back side of one of the mittens, tape the ends of the star garland just below the cuffs. Tape and glue the head to the top of the cuff. Match the mittens and glue the second mitten over the taped one.
- Shape the wire garland and tie the center of it and the punched hole with the yarn, for hanging.
- With glitter glue or white glue and glitter, outline the stars and hearts. Add iridescent glitter to the icing on the gingerbread side and to the snowman face and hands.
Christmas Projects Gallery: