This 6th grade project is inspired by the art work of Alberto Cerriteno. Alberto Cerriteno is a Mexican surrealism artist who has developed his own very personal technique and style. You’ll notice delicate hints of traditional Mexican artistic influences in his use of rich textures and decorative patterns. Before class we viewed a PowerPoint presentation of his work and then looking at images of his work, the students tried to imitate his style. Check out his art at http://www.albertocerriteno.com/artwork01.html .
- Art of Alberto Cerriteno (PowerPoint )
- Art of Alberto Cerriteno (Images)
- White drawing paper
- Pencil and eraser
- Colored pencils or crayons
- View the PowerPoint of Alberto Cerriteno art and discuss his style and use of color.
- Using an image of one of his works, draw the picture. Make sure to draw large and use up the whole sheet of paper for your art.
- Color with colored pencils or crayons.