This 6th grade project is inspired by the art work of Alberto Cerriteno.Â Alberto Cerriteno is a Mexican surrealism artist who has developed his own very personal technique and style. Youâ€™ll notice delicate hints of traditional Mexican artistic influences in his use of rich textures and decorative patterns.Â Before class we viewed a PowerPoint presentation of his work and then looking at images of his work, the students tried to imitate his style.Â Check out hisÂ artÂ at http://www.albertocerriteno.com/artwork01.htmlÂ .
- Art of Alberto Cerriteno Â (PowerPoint )
- Art of Alberto Cerriteno Â (Images)
- White drawing paper
- Pencil and eraser
- Colored pencils or crayons
- View the PowerPoint of Alberto Cerriteno art and discuss his style and use of color.
- Using an image of one of his works, draw the picture.Â Make sure to draw large and use up the whole sheet of paper for your art.
- Color with colored pencils or crayons.
6th Grade Projects Gallery