The 5th Grade started with an image cut from a magazine, and then they tell us “the rest of the story.” To save class time I cut out a number of images, for the students to choose from, before class. After choosing an image, the students drew a real or imagined situation that their image became a part of. Finally they gave their art a title. We made labels that identified the artist and the title they gave to their art.
- Images cut from magazines
- White sheet of background paper
- Pencil and eraser
- Glue stick
- Crayons or colored pencils
- Each student chooses an image
- Decide what situation that their art will depict so they know where to glue the image on the background paper.
- Draw the picture, glue on the image and color with crayons or colored pencils.
- Add labels which have the students name and the title of their art.
2. MONDAY MORNING AT THE INSURANCE COMPANY
3. FACEBOOK KITTY.COM
4. THE ADVENTURES OF SPACE COWBOY
5. SCARY APPLES
6. I HAVE A FEELING SOMEONE’S WATCHING ME