The 5th Grade started with an image cut from a magazine, and then they tell us “the rest of the story.” To save class time I cut out a number of images, for the students to choose from, before class. After choosing an image, the students drew a real or imagined situation that their image became a part of. Finally they gave their art a title. We made labels that identified the artist and the title they gave to their art.
- Images cut from magazines
- White sheet of background paper
- Pencil and eraser
- Glue stick
- Crayons or colored pencils
- Each student chooses an image
- Decide what situation that their art will depict so they know where to glue the image on the background paper.
- Draw the picture, glue on the image and color with crayons or colored pencils.
- Add labels which have the students name and the title of their art.
Titles of the pictures:
2. MONDAY MORNING AT THE INSURANCE COMPANY
3. FACEBOOK KITTY.COM
4. THE ADVENTURES OF SPACE COWBOY
5. SCARY APPLES
6. I HAVE A FEELING SOMEONE’S WATCHING ME
5th Grade Projects Gallery: