The coordinating samples in a wallpaper samples book make this project easy. There are so many beautiful wallpapers and the stores with discontinued sample books are usually happy to give schools the books. There are usually a number of pages in a book that coordinate, so the collage can be unique even if more than one student uses pages out of the same book. I used hearts in my collage, but many different shapes can be used. One full page from the book is used for the background. Tacky glue works best to hold the pieces.
- Discontinued wallpaper sample books
- Tacky glue
- Black Sharpie
- Choose five or six coordinating wallpaper pages. Keep one for the background and using the ruler straighten the cut edge.
- Choose pictures for the main theme of the collage. Cut in a shape that is appropriate for your picture and doesn’t cut into the main part of the picture.
- Choose paper to accent the picture and place it on the background page. Don’t glue anything down until you have all the pieces of the collage cut and placed on the background. Move the pieces around until you are satisfied with the results.
- Using tacky glue, glue all the collage pieces to the background.
- Optional: Outline using the black Sharpie.
6th Grade Projects Gallery