Artist, Marlene Healey, uses elegant colors, textures and basic shapes to create her paintings. She creates depth with overlapping lines and texture. We attempt to recreate her style with circles, lines and colored pencils.
- White construction paper cut 4 1/2″ x 6″
- Circle or shapes templates
- Colored pencils
- Using shape templates, draw circles, lines and half circles. Erase some of the overlapping lines to create depth.
- Color, using colored pencils. Create the look of texture with shading or lay the art over texture and color.
- Define circles and lines with black colored pencil.
6th Grade Projects Gallery
Marlene, Thanks for your wonderful art that inspires imitation. I love it when I find art that I can use in class and that the kids get really involved in.
Thanks again. Loraine
I am so flattered by the wonderful examples of art work the children have produced using my art as an inspiration. Well done. Keep up the good work.