Any elementary class would love this art project. To begin with, they are fascinated with the method we used for the sunset. We used torn brown grocery bags for this but, you could use torn construction paper or torn file folders.
- White construction paper
- Colored chalk
- Torn edged paper sack
- Black Sharpie
- With the yellow chalk, chalk the edge of the torn brown paper sack.
- Lay the chalked paper on the white paper, near the bottom, and with your finger push the chalk off the sack onto the white paper.
- Re-chalk the edge with orange, and with a little of the yellow showing, push off the orange and blend with the yellow and up onto the white paper.
- Re-chalk, or use a new piece of the torn paper, and repeat the above procedure with red, then violet, then blue, and last with the green.
- Lightly spray with hairspray to set the chalk.
- With the black Sharpie, draw a horizon line across the bottom of the picture. Draw a leafless tree or trees. Remember perspective, the further back something is, the smaller and closer to the top of the page, the closer it is the larger and closer to the bottom of the page.
- Draw a fence across the picture, it can be in front or behind the trees. Finish the picture, keeping in mind that it is a winter scene.
3rd Grade Projects Gallery: