I gave a quick lesson on how to draw a parrot (http://www.howtodrawit.com/parrot.html). Look what a terrific job the third grade did.
- Scrap paper to practice drawing
- White construction paper
- Pencil and eraser
- Colored chalk
- Black Sharpie
- On the scrap paper, the students followed my lead as I showed them how to draw a parrot.
- On the white construction paper, draw a large parrot.
- Draw a tree with a branch for him to stand on, andÂ add leaves and flowers to the branch. Add a sun with rays.
- Brightly color the parrot, tree, leaves, flowers, and the sun. Outline everything with the black Sharpie
- With the side of a piece of blue, violet, pink, and/or yellow chalk, wipe across the sky —to make a tropical sky.
- Wipe the chalk dust off with a Kleenex. Lightly spray with hairspray to set the chalk.
3rd Grade Projects Gallery:
Thank you, Oya, for your comment. I hope you return often. Loraine
I have been teaching ESL in grades 1 and 2. Young learners love Art and anything to do with Art. To teach It’s got…It is..and It can.., I have been using the nature and Art. We all enjoy the lesson. I found your website while looking for a nice picture which children like. Thank you. We have been having the benefit.