I gave a Â quick lesson on how to draw a parrot (Â http://www.howtodrawit.com/parrot.htmlÂ ).Â Look what a terrific job the third grade did.
- Scrap paper to practice drawing
- White construction paper
- Pencil and eraser
- Colored chalk
- Black Sharpie
- On the scrap paper, the students followed my lead as I showed them how to draw a parrot.
- On the white construction paper, draw a large parrot.
- Draw a tree with a Â branch for him to stand on, andÂ add leaves and flowers to the branch.Â Add a sun with rays.
- Brightly color the parrot, tree, leaves, flowers, and the sun.Â Outline everything with the black Sharpie
- With the side of a piece of blue, violet, pink, and/or Â yellow chalk, Â wipe across the sky —to make a tropical sky.
- Wipe the chalk dust off with a Kleenex.Â Lightly spray with hairspray to set the chalk.
3rd Grade Projects Gallery: