Â According to http://dinosaurs.about.com/, the Sapeornis was the largest bird from the early Cretaceous period. “Like other birds of it’s time, Sapeornis had its share of reptilian features, such as the small number of teeth on the end of it’s beak.”Â We decided out starbursts looked like prehistoric birds, so we added heads and in some cases, tails.Â
- 9â€ x 9â€ square piece of white paper
- Black marker (fine)
- Colored Pencils
- Assorted sheets of colored construction paper
- Draw two large dots anywhere on the paper.
- Draw ten small dots on the paper.
- Starting at one small dot, draw a line from the small dot to both of the large dots.Â Continue drawing lines from each small dot to both of the large dots.Â Do not join any of the small dots to each other.
- Using two colors, color in the spaces.Â If two of the same colored spaces join each other, make the space either lighter or darker.
- Carefully, with the black marker, draw over the lines from the small dots to the large dots.
- Draw a circle for a birdâ€™s head.Â Add an eye or eyes and a beak.
- Cut out the starburst birdâ€”stay outside the black lines.
- Glue your bird to a colored sheet of paper.
3rd Grade Projects Gallery: