At last it looks like winter is over. The third grade made bouquets of flowers to decorate the school halls. This was their first project using colored tissue paper, water and a brush. They loved this project and I think they did a great job with their bouquets. This will make a beautiful Mother’s Day gift.
- Watercolor paper
- Pencil and eraser
- Black Sharpie
- Colored tissue paper (cut or torn into about 2″ pieces)
- Water in containers
- Paper towels
- Lightly draw a flower vase on the bottom third of the paper. Draw large, medium and small flowers above the vase. Add leaves and stems. Be sure to stress that flowers, leaves and stems that are behind the front flowers will not have all the petals shown. Some will be missing and some will be partially showing.
- Outline the vase and the flowers with the black Sharpie.
- Choose a colored tissue for the vase, brush a wet brush over the tissue, pick up the tissue and spread the color with the brush. It helps to touch the wet brush to the paper towel if the paper is getting too wet. More than one color can be used on the vase if desired or a design has been drawn on the vase.
- Choose colored tissue for the flowers, flower centers, and the stems and leaves. Apply the color in the same way as on the vase.
- Choose a color or colors for the background, and carefully apply color between the flowers and to the background. Let dry. Beautiful!!
3rd Grade Projects Gallery:
Pingback: Make (Fake) Watercolour Flowers Print for Mom at Bunchland