Give one of these to dad and mom to set on their desk.Â Â They are easy to make, so make one for grandma and grandpa too.
- White cardstock with bear, bunny, puppy or kitten printed on it
- Regular sized jar flat and lid
- Transparency film
- Snap shotÂ for framing
- Crayons or colored pencil
- Glue gun
- Bear and Bunny (Pattern)
- Puppy and Kitten (Pattern)
- Using crayons or colored pencils, color the bear, bunny, puppy or kitten.
- Carefully cut out the animal that you chose.
- Fold arms forward and fold the legs forward, but straight across.Â Donâ€™t fold following the arc of the circle.
- CenterÂ the jar flat over the snapshot so you get a good copy of the face and trace around the flat.
- Do the same on the transparency film. ( If you have a Cricut, the transparency circles could be cut ahead of time.}Â Or cut the circles with a scissors.Â Youâ€™ll want to cut the picture and transparency film slightly smaller than the flat—so they will fit inside the jar lid without buckling.
- Layer the picture and film on the top side of the flat and fit it inside the lid.
- Put a small glob of glue (the glue gun) at the edge of the flat, in a couple of places, to hold the picture to the top of the lid.
- With the lid laying flat on the center of the animal, put a small amount of glue on the hands , and glue the hands to the sides of the lid.Â Put a small amount of glue on the feet , and glue the feet to the bottom center of the lid.
3rd Grade Projects Gallery: