Look carefully and you’ll see the hidden reptile. I ran off copies of the coloring pages of reptiles from this site, http://homeschooling.about.com/od/freeprintables/ss/reptilecolor.htm, to help the students choose, and draw, their reptiles.
- Pictures of reptiles
- Black construction paper (2 sheets per student)
- White chalk
- Oil pastels
- Glue stick
- On one sheet of black paper (background) draw a network of connecting lines with white chalk.
- With colored oil pastels, color between the white lines, using at least four or five different colors. When all the spaces are filled with color, go over the chalk lines with white oil pastel.
- On the second sheet of black paper, with pencil, draw a reptile of your choice. Make a network of lines inside the reptile. Trace over your pencil lines with white chalk.
- With colored oil pastels, color the spaces in the reptile, using the same number of, and colors, used on the background sheet. When all spaces are colored, trace over the chalk lines with white oil pastel.
- Cut out the reptile.
- From scraps of black paper, cut two or three (1/2″ x 2″) strips. Accordian fold the strips and glue them to the back of the reptile. Glue the strips to the background.