Check out this cute little owl card. It’s very easy to make so you’ll probably want to make a few of these at a time. The samples I’ve made are for Valentine’s Day, but the cards could easily send a birthday, get-well, graduation, or anniversary message.
- Brown, tan, white, navy construction paper
- Pink, red, lavender construction paper
- Owl (Pattern)
- Owl eyes (Pattern)
- Owl front (Pattern)
- Black Sharpie
- Glue stick
- 1” Google eyes (optional)
- Glitter glue (optional)
- Copy the owl pattern on brown, tan, white or navy paper
- Copy the owl eyes on white paper
- Copy the owl front on pink, red, or lavender paper
- Cut out the owl, owl front and eyes. With the ruler as a guide, run a dull pencil over the dotted lines across the top of the owl. Fold the top down toward the owl. This forms the ears and beak of the owl.
- Glue the belly circle on the owl, using the dotted lines as a guide.
- Fold the beak piece down over the circle and glue. Glue the eyes over the turned down piece, using the dotted lines as a guide.
- Write a Valentine message on the owl front. (Below are some suggestions or make up your own.) Also add hearts and flowers around your message.
- Optional: Using glitter glue, outline the words, hearts and the eyes. Fill the eye pupil with glitter.
Valentine message suggestions:
Owl Be Yours
Owl Always Love You
You’re a Hoot
Give a Hoot
You’re Owl Right
Owl Be Seein’ Ya
Wise As An Owl