This little frog is all ready to deliver a message and a candy bar. There is a space between the front and the back of the frog where a candy bar can be placed. The front insert on the frog is left blank on the pattern so you can write any message you want. I’ve put a Valentine’s message on the sample, but this little frog could also be used as a place card and favor holder. A message like, “ Hoppin’ you have a Happy Birthday,” or “I’m hoppin’ mad I forgot your birthday,” are just a couple of other possibilities.
- White cardstock
- Frog (Pattern)
- Colored markers or crayons
- Glue stick
1. Print the pattern on the white cardstock. Color all the pieces.
2. Fold at the fold lines—run the edge of a ruler over each fold to give a good crease.
3. Color the bottom lip of the frog which was formed by the fold. Glue the tongue to this bottom lip.
4. Write a message on the blank and glue it to the front of the frog.
5. Make the frog stand and then glue the top mouth to the bottom lip—-this can be adjusted so the frog will stand.
6. Glue the eyes to the frog face.
7. Place a candy bar in the space between the front and the back of the frog. Any small treat put in a snack Baggie could be fitted in the space.