Check out this cute little owl card.Â Itâ€™s very easy to make so youâ€™ll probably want to make a few of these at a time.Â The samples Iâ€™ve made are for Valentineâ€™s Day, but the cards could easily send a birthday, get-well, graduation, or anniversary message.
- Brown, tan, white, navy construction paper
- Pink, red, lavender construction paper
- Owl (Pattern)
- Owl eyes (Pattern)
- Owl front (Pattern)
- Black Sharpie
- Glue stick
- 1â€ Google eyes (optional)
- Glitter glue (optional)
- Copy the owl pattern on brown, tan, white or navy paper
- Copy the owl eyes on white paper
- Copy the owl front on pink, red, or lavender paper
- Cut out the owl, owl front and eyes.Â With the ruler as a guide, run a dull pencil over the dotted lines across the top of the owl.Â Fold the top down toward the owl.Â This forms the ears and beak of the owl.
- Glue the belly circle on the owl, using the dotted lines as a guide.
- Fold the beak piece down over the circle and glue.Â Glue the eyes over the turned down piece, using the dotted lines as a guide.
- Write a Valentine message on the owl front.Â (Below are some suggestions or make up your own.)Â Also add hearts and flowers around your message.
- Optional:Â Using glitter glue, outline the words, hearts and the eyes. Fill the eye pupil with glitter.
Valentine message suggestions:
Owl Be Yours
Owl Always Love You
Youâ€™re a Hoot
Give a Hoot
Youâ€™re Owl Right
Owl Be Seeinâ€™ Ya
Wise As An Owl
Valentineâ€™s Day Projects Gallery: