Artist Kathy Kromer has a website at, http://www.kathykromer.com/_hearts001.htm that not only shows her art, but also has an artists’ bio page. Intensity is her trademark. Although she uses acrylics on canvas, with this project we attempt to copy her art using colored construction paper and oil pastels.
- Colored construction paper (9” x 9”)
- Colored construction paper (12” x 18”)cut to 12”x 12”
- Pencil and eraser
- Oil pastels
1. Look at the Kathy Kromer website or make a Power Point presentation of her works from the site.
2. Pick one of Kathy’s works of art and draw a likeness of it on a 9” x 9” piece of colored construction paper.
3. Using the oil pastels color in the drawing. Notice how white is used to blend the colors.
The example is done on red construction paper. The heart is colored in with blue oil pastel; small areas of black pastel are added and then blended with white. Experimenting is part of the fun of this project. Remember that the art of Kathy Kromer is an example of using bright, vibrant colors.