“Valentine…You make me feel like Dancing.” That’s what our Valentine card says to the lucky person that receives it.
- White construction paper (9” x 12”)
- Red construction paper (12” x 18”) Cut to 12” x 15”
- Pencil and eraser
- Red and Black thin markers
- Glue stick
- Starting at the top (horizontal) edge of the paper, color the background with overlapping colors. I started with pink, then orange, yellow, blue, green and black.
- With the black marker, make five straight or slightly curved lines from about an inch from the bottom of the page to about half way up the page. Off the straight line, draw curving lines to represent arms and legs, giving them a swaying motion. Add “v” shaped spears of grass by and along the feet.
- Draw large hearts for the heads and small ones for the hands and feet.
- With the red marker, color in the hearts. Add eyes and a smiling mouth to the large hearts.
- Glue the picture to the red construction paper. Write a message around the edge of the red paper. I chose, “Valentine…You make me feel like Dancing….,” and wrote “To:” and “From:” on the bottom.