This heart box is the perfect size to hold M&Mâ€™s, mints, nuts, or even the miniature candy bars.Â The box measures 3â€ x 3â€ x 1â€.Â Iâ€™ve left the hearts blank so they can be decorated in a wide variety of ways.Â I used watercolor pencils to color them, but markers or craft paint would give deeper colors.Â And of course I needed to add an outline of iridescent glitter to finish the project.Â Â This heart box could also be used for a Motherâ€™s Day gift box.
- Heart box (Pattern)
- Heart box folding guide (Pattern)
- Watercolor pencils, colored markers, colored pencils, paint
- Small paint brush and water
- Glue stick
- Iridescent glitter glue
- Print box pattern on cardstock.Â Print box folding guide on regular paper.
- Color or paint the front (hearts) of the box.Â If using watercolor pencils, dip the paint brush in water, blot off excess water and lightly paint over the colors.Â Be sure to rinse the brush between colors.
- Cut out the box, cutting just inside the black lines.
- Using the stylus and referencing the folding guide, make fold lines on the box.Â Overlap and glue the side flaps, with the flap on the right side of the hearts overlapping the opposite flap.
- Fold in the side flaps and close the bottom of the box.
- With iridescent glitter glue, outline lines, dots, flowers, etc.Â Let dry.
Â Valentine’s Day Projects Gallery