Nothing says loving like a homemade Valentine card with a heartfelt message. This is a very easy project that any grade can make.
- Red, pink and lavender construction paper
- White and black scraps of construction paper
- 1″ Google eyes (optional)
- Heart card (Pattern)
- Ribbon, two pieces cut at 5″ and two pieces cut at 3 ½”
- Red glitter glue or white glue and red glitter
- Black Sharpie
- Carefully cut out the card and heart shapes. To cut the v shape neatly out of the heart, fold the card in half at the fold line and cut the v shape.
- Glue the shorter ribbons to the front inside of the heart where the tiny marks are. Glue the longer ribbons to the front bottom of the heart where the tiny marks are.
- Glue a small heart on the ends of all the ribbons.
- Using white scraps, cut a small heart to glue on the lips of the card. Cut two nickel sized (1″ x ¾”) ovals for eyes. Cut two small (1/2″) black circles for the inside of the white ovals. Large google eyes could also be used for the eyes.
- With the black Sharpie, on the inside of the card write a message. “My heart glows for you” or a message of your choice.
- Glitter the inside of the white heart on the lips.
Valentine’s Day Projects Gallery: