Wire coat hanger project
Â Â Â Supplies:
- Wire coat hanger
- White glue
- Orange, black, green and brown construction paper
- Copy of curved strips and stem (Pattern)
- Cut orange paperÂ into 1 Â¼â€ x 12â€ strips (enough for 3 Â½ strips per pumpkin)
- Cut orange stripÂ 1 Â¼â€ x 12â€ (one per pumpkin)
- Copy curved strips on orange paper and cut out
- Copy stem on brown paper and cut out
- Form the coat hanger into an elongated circle (shape of pumpkin)
- Â Fold the 1 Â¼â€ x 12â€ strips in half lengthwise. Â Using one strip at a time, and starting immediately under the hook of the coat hanger, with the folded side to the inside of the pumpkin shape, form the strip around the wire.Â There will be a gathered look on the inside of the strip.
- Â Run a line of white glue on the wire inside of the strip and hold down for a few seconds for the glue to take a hold.Â Slightly overlap the next strips and continue around the wire, shaping and gluing as you go.
- Â Center the 12â€ strip, fold ends to the back and tape down.
- Â Place the curved strips on each side of the center strip, fold ends to the back and tape down.
- Â On the black paper, draw two eyes, a nose and a mouth.Â Cut them out and glue them on the strips of orange paper.
- Â Cut out the brown stem, center it over the wire hook and tape on the back side.
- Â Draw one large and one small leaf on the green paper.Â Outline with a black marker, adding veins. Cut out and glue or tape to the top of the pumpkin.
- Â Cut a strip of brown paper and roll it around a pencil to form a curlicue.Â Tape it to the top of the pumpkin behind one of the leaves.
Note:Â If time permits, highlight the leaves, eyes, nose and mouth with gold glitter glue.
Halloween Projects Gallery: