It’s bigger than an “itsy, bitsy spider,” but the kids were singing the song never the less. The 1st grade class loved doing this and the pictures below will show you how busy they were.
- White construction paper
- Eyes (Pattern)
- 8 strips (1 1/2″ x 9″ ) black construction paper (for the legs)
- 2 strips (3″ x 12″) (for the headband)
- Glue sticks
- Give each student a copy of the eyes, eight of the narrow strips and two of the 3″ wide strips.
- While the kids are coloring and cutting out the eyes, the teacher should staple the two wide strips together and then to fit the students head.
- Fold each of the 8 strips in half (knee) and then about 1″ up for the foot.
- Starting at the back, glue the straight end of the 9″ strips to the inside of the headband. Leave only about 1/4″ between the strips.
- Glue the eyes to the center front, about half the eye is above the band and half on the band.