This project makes a set of cats, one sitting and one lying down. Fun tack or glue dot them to the window and they can see inside and outside. The pattern pieces for the lying down cat need to be butted together and taped. Then they’ll just fit on a 9″ x 12″ sheet of construction paper. The body pieces are printed in green so they’ll copy on black paper.
- Black construction paper for body, legs and tail of cats.
- Tan construction paper for heads
- Two 1 1/4″ x 12″ strips of black for tails
- Lying down cat body (Pattern 1) to be butted with pattern 2
- Lying down cat body (Pattern 2) to be butted with pattern 1
- Sitting cat (Pattern)
- Cat hind legs (Pattern)
- Cat head side 1 and side 2 (Pattern 1)(Pattern 2)
- Scraps of tan construction paper
- Glue sticks
- White crayon
- Black Sharpie
- Red marker
- Carefully cut out all the cat parts. Round one end of the 1 1/4″ x 12″ strips.
- Glue or tape the tails on one side of the lying down body and on the sitting body.
- Glue the two lying down bodies together with the tape inside. Glue the two sitting bodies with the tape inside. Make sure the edges match.
- Glue the hind legs on both sides of each body.
- Glue the heads on both sides of each body, making sure the edges match.
- Color the noses red. With the white crayon, trace around the hind legs and the paws.Â Trace over the face with the black Sharpie.
- Diagonally fold the tails.
- Cut triangle shapes of the tan scraps and glue to the cats.
Halloween Projects Gallery:
I sent the templates, Debbie. If you still have trouble, let me know and we’ll try again.
for some reason I can not get template. Can you email me it?