A 1/2 pint milk carton is the basis of this project. Just large enough for a small treat. Lots of opportunities to change the expression on the cat. Make it mean, spooky or just nice. Cuter than the photo.
- Black construction paper
- 1/2 pint sized milk carton
- Cat (Pattern)
- White crayon
- Silver glitter glue
- Glue dots or glue stick
- Orange or black tissue paper
- Print the pattern on black construction paper. The green ink makes it print on the black paper. After printing, trace over with a pencil if it’s too hard to see.
- Cut the top off the milk carton.
- Cut out the 3″ x 10 3/4″ rectangle and wrap it around the milk carton, overlap at the back and use glue dots or a glue stick to hold.
- Cut out the ears, tail, and whiskers. There are paws in the pattern also, if you want to use them.
- Glue the ears to the front, on the inside of the milk carton. Glue the tail, on the outside, on the back of the carton.
- Draw a face on the cat using a sharpened white crayon. Glue on the whiskers.
- Trace over the face, tail and ears with silver glitter glue. Let dry.
- Stuff a half sheet of orange or black tissue paper in the carton. Add nuts and mints.
Halloween Projects Gallery: