Finish just one side of this valentine to give to a friend; or finish both sides, tie on a ribbon and hang as a classroom decoration. Depending on which class is doing this project, either crayons or colored markers could be used. One side of the large heart says, Friends forever, but the other side is blank so a personal message can be added. Examples shown with and without glitter.
- White or pastel cardstock
- White construction paper
- Heart (Pattern)
- Heart and flower (Pattern)
- Crayons or colored markers
- Glue stick
- Ribbon for hanging
- Small ribbon bows
- Glitter glue (Optional)
- Print the large heart on the cardstock.
- Print the heart and flower pattern on the construction paper. (This pattern could also be printed on colored construction paper if you are working with limited time.)
- Color the heart and flower pictures. Carefully cut on the outside of the black lines.
- Lightly color the large heart to accent the heart and flower pictures if it is printed on white cardstock. Cut the large heart out.
- Glue a flower and heart on one side of the large heart. If finishing both sides, match up the second heart and flower and glue to the back of the large heart. Write a message on the second side.
- Optional: Outline with glitter glue. Let dry.
Valentine’s Day Projects Gallery:
Super Fun projects!! Thanks for such great and entertaining ideas for kids and adults:)