This is a fun little project that the kids enjoy. The 1st Grade can easily do this. It’s a good lesson on listening and waiting for directions. Careful cutting is also stressed.
- Tan, brown and red construction paper
- Puppy head (Pattern)
- Puppy ears (Pattern)
- Puppy tongue/mouth (Pattern)
- Tongue depressor or popsicle stick
- Yarn (about 18″)
- Glue stick
- Cut all the puppy pieces out, staying on the outside of the black lines.
- Bend the blank head at the fold line. Tape the yarn to the deep scalloped end. Glue the face head over the tape.
- Glue the ears to the face, leaving the ends of the ears without glue.
- Fold the tongue at the fold line. Glue only the short end to the bottom of the opened mouth—-the fold lines on the mouth and tongue are even.
- Glue the popsicle stick to the back of the head, about an inch from the top of the head.
- Pull the yarn and watch the puppy pant.
1st Grade Project Gallery: